Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let The Rain

Song of the same title by Sara Bareilles. I can't get enough of this song right now :)
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/sara_bareilles/let_the_rain.html

I don't have enough time right now to write what I really want to write. But I just felt like saying how grateful I am feeling right now. For music from the likes of Sara Bareilles, A Fine Frenzy and Switchfoot. For incredible people and even better examples that I've had the honor of calling my friends. For carpet and brushing my teeth without a waterbottle and flushable toilet paper. For the best (earthly) older brother ive ever had and that he seemed to be having a good birthday today. For a Father in heaven who cares enough to give me the determination and will power to accomplish things what would literally be impossible without his help. For a heritage that includes folks like Marvin Brown who once said something to the effect of "As long as there's a breath in my body, I only want to serve the Lord." And for the opportunities to learn what that feels like. This past week has been stressful with being in charge of my little brothers and huge reading assignments in 3 classes and sterling scholar portfolios being due soon. But as much stress as I've felt, I've felt an exponentially larger amount of graditude.

"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity to take things for granted."

2 comments: