Friday, October 15, 2010

"Drive Friendly."


Well. UEA was yesterday and today. So far today I woke up at Katie's, had some Honey Nut Scooters, sat on her couch for two hours while we talked about everything under the sun and then went home. For now i'm waiting for Mother Dearest to come pick me up for our camping trip we were supposed to be on since about noon. So I figured now is a great time to blog. Not like I have anything else to do, like filling out college applications, studying for a Medical Anatomy & Physiology test, doing a test review for FCHD 1500, finishing the guided reading packet for AP English, or doing 3 assignments for AP Statistics. No, this is a great use of my time. Anywho, today has not been the most eventful. Yesterday, however, was quite the opposite. Here's how it went down.

For the last week, my good friend Katie and I have been trying to decide what kind of nonsense we would engage in for UEA. Amongst the list of possibilities were a road trip to Oregon, a road trip (of sorts) to Paraguay, camping somewhere, sleeping in a car on the side of the road somewhere, and visiting all the LDS temples in Utah.

Nevertheless, we came to an entirely unrelated decision.
Promontory Point, AKA the site of the Golden Spike National Historic Site.

For those of you unfamiliar with this incredibly exciting, promising and overall wondrous historic bit of history, let me give ya a little rundown. In 1863 the first transcontinental railroad was started. One side started near Omaha, NE and the other side began near Sacramento, CA. Many immigrant laborers, railroad ties, iron rails and skipped details later, the two ends met in a little old place we like to call Promontory on May 10, 1869. Apparently, this was a big deal. Anyways, we journeyed on out and had a grand ol' time. We stopped to take pictures and play on freakin' sweet playgrounds along the way. It was nice to have a day without time constraints or responsibilities. Plus, my outfit for the day was pretty exquisite.

If it looks like i'm wearing overalls, its because I am. And if you were wondering, I was NOT wearing the mask all day. Disappointing, I know.
















"Use what talents you possess; The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

No comments:

Post a Comment