Sunday, June 20, 2010

Rooftops and Invitations

So I just realized that I haven't posted for like 6 months. And I don't really feel too bad about that because I never planned on becoming a steady blogger. But it's 1:30 in the AM and i just got back from girls camp yesterday, worked Summerfest all day today and leave for LTC in 2 days. It finally feels like summer :)

There is no possible way to catch up on all the things that have been going on. I can barely believe how much I've changed this past year, especially the last 6 months or so. I discovered my Homeland and was lucky enough to be able to go back again. I've made friends with some of the most incredible people I've ever had the honor to meet. I've learned a lot about Friendships and what a real friend is and how to be one. I've learned what an incredibly blessed life I have and not to take it for granted. I've learned that as my knowledge and understanding of how much my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ cares for me increases, my capacity to love increases exponentially. I've learned what it's like to bomb a math test and how sweet it is to ace the next one. I've learned just how many doors the number 30 can open up. I visited a school I never seriously considered and now it makes the most educational sense. I've learned what pain is and that it's okay to feel. I've learned what it is to feel loved. I've learned to be able to accept people for who they are and not need to change them or myself. I've seen God's green earth in it's natural beauty. I've learned that some songs can make me ok. They don't change the situation, just how I feel about it. I've learned that my Heavenly Father truly is looking out for me and that the sooner I trust that fact, the sooner I breathe again. I know I'm only 17 and I don't claim to have life figured out. But I feel like this last year has taught me a lot. I guess you could say...I've learned how to learn.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

No comments:

Post a Comment